please remember to check your child's agenda DAILY. In addition, you can always check your child's grades using our district website.
When answering short response questions (reading questions) PLEASE your child MUST use the R.A.P.P.
R- RESTATE - Restate the question
A- ANSWER - Answer the question using your own words
P- PROOF - Find EVIDENCE in the passage/story to support your answer.
P- PROOFREAD - Make sure it makes sense. Does it have the correct punctuation marks? All words are spelled correctly? Capital letters used correctly? Is it neat?
EXAMPLE of SENTENCE STARTS for PROOF
I know this because in the passage it stated, "--------".
Based on the passage, it said, "-------"
- Vocabulary Test - Friday 9/18
- Story Test - Bruno's New Home and Wolf! - Friday 9/18
- COLD READ - EVERY Wednesday - Remember COLD READ is a grade level passage (fiction/nonfiction) with questions related to the reading that the student is required to do on his/her own. NO ASSISTANCE.
- Spelling TEST - Friday 9/18
- Grammar - Identify Sentence/Fragment - Correct Sentences written Incorrectly - Wednesday 9/16